Silky Chocolate Cheesecake with Raspberry Cookie Crust

We celebrated our son’s Birthday in January, and being a cheese cake lover, he asked for a chocolate cheese cake with raspberries. I really liked the challenge and it was a perfect timing to try a new cheese cake recipe I had for a while. The recipe sounded different from the way I used to make cheesecakes, but it really was a great success. The texture of this cake is so creamy and silky, unlike any other cheesecake I had before – a true chocolate lover’s dream. Instead of graham crackers for the crust I used Milano Raspberry Cookies and then decorated the cake with fresh raspberries.

Silky Chocolate Cheese Cake with Raspberry Crust

Silky Chocolate Cheesecake with Raspberry Cookie Crust

{Printable Recipe}

Crust:

• 250 g (9 oz) Milano Raspberry Cookies (crushed)
  • 113 g (1 stick) butter (melted)

Cheesecake:

• 500 g (1 lb) cream cheese
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 TBSP unsweetened cocoa (sifted)
  • 100 g (1/2 cup) sugar
  • 225 g (8 oz) semi-sweet chocolate (melted)
  • 300 g (1 ½ cup) sour cream
  • 45 g ( 3 TBSP) butter (melted)

Also needed:

• 22 cm (9 inch) spring-form cake pan
  • Parchment paper (same size as the pan)

Preparation:

1. Cover the cake pan with parchment paper. Crush the cookies to resemble small crumbs. Melt the butter and add into cookies. Mix thoroughly and press into the pan bottom and onto the sides (about 1 inch or 2.5 cm high). Place it in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
  2. Heat the oven to 180 C (350 F).
  3. While the crust is resting in the fridge, prepare the cheesecake mixture. First, beat the cream cheese until airy and fluffy, then add sugar, eggs, vanilla, cocoa until well incorporated.
  4. Melt the chocolate over a hot water pan. Turn the mixing speed to low and then add chocolate, sour cream and melted butter into the cheese cream mixture.  Mixture will look really shiny and smooth.
  5. Pour the mixture into the crust and bake at 180 C (350 F) for about 45 minutes.
  6. Cool completely.
  7. Decorate with whipped cream, fresh raspberries and chocolate shavings.

Silky Chocolate Cheesecake with Raspberry Cookie Crust

Silky Chocolate Cheesecake with Raspberry Cookie Crust

Silky Chocolate Cheesecake with Raspberry Cookie Crust

Tagged: , , , , , , ,

25 thoughts on “Silky Chocolate Cheesecake with Raspberry Cookie Crust

1. whisksandchopsticks February 7, 2014 at 11:16 am Reply

Your cake looks very decadent- my favorites combo ingredients! yum. Happy Birthday to your son! :)

2. cookies and roses February 7, 2014 at 11:26 am Reply

It looks perfect, great post!

3. Azra February 7, 2014 at 12:39 pm Reply

Never tried a cheesecake you have to bake (only the crust).. but yours looks so smooth and fluffy, like chocolate mousse.. how is that possible? Definitely have to try it :) I guess any kind of cookies can be used if you’re not into raspberry :p

• Sibella at bakingwithsibella.com February 7, 2014 at 6:21 pm Reply

Azra, thanks for visiting! :) Most all of the cheesecakes I have made had to be baked. This one is different because it had sour cream and butter, but it definitely was very smooth and silky and we just loved it. Yes, you can use any kind of cookies you like ;) <3

4. Korena in the Kitchen February 7, 2014 at 8:34 pm Reply

What a gorgeous cheesecake! My mouth is watering. I love the cocoa stencil on top – very elegant.

5. The Novice Gardener February 7, 2014 at 10:35 pm Reply

Wow, this takes cheesecakes to another level, Sibella! Love, love it!! I might give it a try for Valentine’s day, but not sure if I can make it as beautiful as yours. Would love for you to join us for Fiesta Friday with this, Sibella. It’s a blog party I’m hosting. People will go crazy for this cake! XOXO

6. Kathleen Richardson February 8, 2014 at 7:44 pm Reply

The title alone was enough to make me drool, Sibella. What a beautiful cheesecake! My daughter, too, insists on a cheesecake — every year for years now — her favorite being a crustless Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cheesecake. Has your son learned to bake so he can make your birthday cake?!

• Sibella at bakingwithsibella.com February 8, 2014 at 9:16 pm Reply

Thank you Kathleen! My son has been asking for cheesecakes for his birthday last few years too. I don’t think he is a baking kind of guy, but my daughter has started to bake some cookies, so maybe she will bake me a cake one day. :) It’s good to hear from you!

7. A Taste of Wintergreen February 10, 2014 at 8:36 am Reply

This looks like a cheesecake from a very posh bakery. Perfect! Chocolate and raspberries are such a beautiful union. Happy belated birthday to your son.

8. Michael's Woodcraft February 10, 2014 at 1:37 pm Reply

wow, your cheesecake looks wonderful, I like how you used the cocoa on top! :-) I made my original cheesecake recipe yesterday. I could trade you a slice if lived near bye~! :-)

9. Bam's Kitchen February 19, 2014 at 9:09 am Reply

Silky and creamy! Happy Belated bday to your son. That can’t be a 20 on his cake already? They grow up so fast and I am sure he loves his mom’s wonderful baking.

10. BELMA March 2, 2014 at 3:31 pm Reply

we are from Europe can we get the recipe in our measures

• Sibella at bakingwithsibella.com March 2, 2014 at 3:48 pm Reply

Hi Belma, recept je u gramima isto, pogledaj. Jedino sto nije je: tsp = mala kafena kasicica, a TBSP je velika supena kasika. Ako jos nesto treba, javi se. :) Sibella

11. BELMA March 2, 2014 at 5:17 pm Reply

HVALA MNOGO :) JOS SAMO JEDNA INFOR.KOJI KEKS BI SE MOGAO KORISTITI U ZAMJENU (Milano Raspberry Cookies )?HVALA MNOGO…

12. Giselle March 24, 2014 at 9:16 pm Reply

Hi! I just found your blog today while looking for some Bosnian recipes to make for my husband. Could you please post a recipe for hurmasice? Hvala!!!

Your thoughts on this one:

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s