What a joyous day! Our son graduated from high school today. One chapter of his life is ending and a new one is just beginning, as he is starting college this fall. What can a proud mother say?! I am happy, overjoyed and nostalgic today – all at the same time. Just not so long ago when we first stepped onto the the U.S. ground he was just a four year old boy. Today he is a young man who has reached one important goal and is moving onto many others.
Of course we had to celebrate with a cake. This was his wish – Raspberry Cheese Cake! I LOVE YOU SON and I am proud of you! I thank God for giving me you!
NO BAKE RASPBERRY CHEESE CAKE Printable recipe
For the crust:
- 250 (8.8 oz) hazelnut cookies***
- 90 g (3.2 oz) butter (melted)
For the filling:
- 300 ml ( 1 ¼ cup) heavy cream (whipped)
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) water
- 2 envelopes (2 tbsp) plain ground gelatin
- 500 g (17.6 oz) cream cheese (quark is also good)
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) lemon juice
- 100 g (1/2 cup) sugar
- 250 g (8.8 oz) fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 22 cm (9 inch) round spring cake pan
Optional: About 10-12 fresh raspberries + 1 cup whipped cream for decoration
*** For the crust I’ve used combination of vanilla wafers and hazelnut wafer sticks.
- Line the cake pan with parchment paper and brush with a little oil.
- For the crust grind the cookies in a food processor, add melted butter and mix well.
- Press the mixture onto the bottom and the walls of the spring form; place it into the freezer.
- For the filling first whip heavy cream until dense, add few spoons of sugar if desired.
- Place the water and gelatin into a small sauce pan, mix well and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
- Mix the cream cheese, lemon juice and sugar until smooth.
- Puree the raspberries with sugar.
- Gently combine the whipped cream and cream cheese mixture.
- Melt the gelatin on a very low temperature. Pour the ¾ of the gelatin into the cheese-whipped cream mixture and mix until well combined. Pour the filling onto the crust.
- The other ¼ of the melted gelatin pour into raspberry puree. Pour the puree onto the cheese filling and swirl around few times until just combined.
- Cover the cake with plastic and leave in the fridge for at least 4 hours. If desired, decorate with some whipped cream, fresh raspberries, leftover cookies, etc.