- Place apricots into boiling water for a 1/2 – 1 minute. If they are soft about ½ minute and if they are harder about 1 minute.
- Remove the skin, half them, pit them and set aside.
- Beat butter, sugar, salt and vanilla at a high speed and until fluffy.
- Add eggs one by one until nicely incorporated into batter.
- Combine flour and baking powder. Add to batter alternating with milk, until both is used up.
- At the end, mix in mini chocolate chips.
- Fill the batter into muffin pans lined with muffin cups or into mini bunt cake tins. Place an apricot half on each muffin.
- Bake at 195 C (385 F) about 20-25 minutes. Let cool down, remove from tins and sprinkle with powdered sugar.