A few days ago I went through my freezer to see what we need to use up soon and came across a whole bunch of blueberries which reminded me of the fun times last summer when my daughter and I went blueberry picking. I think we ended up with around 9 pounds and that’s not including the ones we ate while picking. 🙂
Anyway, I decided we needed to use some of those soon and what a better combination than blueberry-lemon. Recently a friend gave me a nice, new bundt cake form, so I got an idea to make a blueberry lemon bundt cake. It turned out really good, moist and not too sweet!
Blueberry-Lemon Bundt Cake
- 250 g (8.8 oz) unsalted butter (softened)
- 350 g (12 oz)sugar
- 1 vanilla sugar (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 4 eggs
- 300 g (10 oz or 2 1/3 cup) flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 200 g (7 oz) sour cream
- 500 g (about 1 lb) blueberries
- Slice butter into thin slices and place into a mixer bowl.
- Gradually add sugar and vanilla sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Now add lemon zest, lemon juice and extract and mix well.
- Start adding eggs, one at a time until well incorporated into batter.
5. Lower the mixing speed.
6. Combine flour and baking powder and start adding to batter alternating with heaping tablespoons of sour cream until all is used up.
7. Butter your bundt cake form.
8. Pour the batter into 3/4 of the form
9. Spread the blueberries on the top of batter. During baking they will sink into batter. (I used frozen blueberries)
10. Bake at 195 C or 385 F for about 1 hour or until middle sets and gets a nice golden brown color.
11. Cool completely before slicing and serving.