Hello Friends, I hope everyone is doing well! 🙂 Spring is my favorite time of the year, I feel inspired to paint, bake and do all sorts of creative projects around the house. I made these savory muffins last Sunday for breakfast and they were a hit with my family. They are easy to make and you can have them on the table in less than an hour. They go well with butter, pate, cream cheese, jam or even just plain they taste wonderful. I imagine adding some bacon bits into batter would work great. Instead of Queso Fresco you can also use Feta cheese or any crumbly cheese. I absolutely loved the taste and the texture and will be making them again soon.
- Yields 12 muffins
*** Use dry measure cup for all ingredients
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 TBSP butter (melted)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 oz Queso Fresco (or Feta cheese) finely crumbled
- Beat eggs, yogurt, oil and melted butter at a high speed until smooth.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- Lower the mixing speed and slowly add all dry ingredients into the egg mixture.
- At the end mix in Queso Fresco.
5. Brush the muffin form with melted butter.
6. Fill the batter into 3/4 of the muffin forms.
7. Bake at 400 F (200 C) for about 20-25 minutes.
Here they are right out of the oven:
And on the table: